Many of you, who have seen me, in the past few weeks have asked me to post this AMAZING Count Down to Christmas Box. A huge THANK YOU goes out to my friend and downline, Audrey Latona, for creating this for me. She’s the BEST!
Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to create this adorable count down box. Here are the supplies you’ll need. All products are Close To My Heart, unless otherwise noted. You may purchase them directly from me, or visit my website to place your order.
- X7145B Believe Level 2 Paper Pack
- B1390 Countdown My Acrylix Stamp Set
- Z1614 My Creations Memory Game
- Z2111 Chocolate Exclusive Inks
- Z2127 Holiday Red Exclusive Inks
- Z2155 Topiary Exclusive Inks
- Z679 Liquid Glass (to adhear the Rosettes together and attach to box)
- 1512 Bonding Memories Glue (to attach all pattern paper and solid cardstock to box and tiles)
- Z726 Sponge Daubers (ink distress all of the paper pieces)
- Z1615 Red Collection Designer Ribbon
- 1 3/8 Circle Punch (outside company)
- 1 1/4 Circle Punch (Close To My Heart)
- PDF of words to use on the tiles. I’ve attached this for you to use.
Inside of the box: These are the tiles that you’ll be putting your dates on as well as the “task” of the day.
Candy Stipe B&T (Background and texture) Duos Paper 3X3. These will be backed with 8 3X3 Crystal Blue CS (Cardstock)
- 8 Polka Dots B&T Duos Paper (Crystal Blue shade) 3X3. These will be backed with 8 3X3 Holiday Red CS
- 8 Red Plaid B&T Duos Paper 3X3. These will be backed with 8 3X3 Sweet Leaf CS
- 24 1 3/8″ Circles for stamping the date and decorative pattern from Countdown My Acrylix Stamp Set
- Trim all four corners of these papers, after you’ve glued them onto the tiles. Ink Distress with Chocolate ink, using the Sponge Daubers
To the right, you can see all of the pieces that I’ve cut to make the outside of the box. Going from left to right, here are the cutting instructions:
- 2 Holiday Red CS 1 3/4 X 12″ You’re going to score every 1/2 “. Ink distress in Chocolate Ink.
- 2 Santa B&T Duos Papers 1 1/4X12″ Score every 3/4 of an inch for a thicker Rosetter or 1/2 to match the bottom Holiday Red Rosette.
- 4 Holiday Red 1 1/4 Circles (not pictured) to hold the Rosettess in place, once you’ve created them.
Use Liquid Glass to secure them. Look at the photo, in the bottom right hand corner. Once you’ve scored the Rosettes you’r going to glue the two together, end to end. See the photo, to the left, of what they look like when they’re glued together. They look like a circle. Then, you’re going to “pinch” the accordian sides togther, so they look like a flower. Use Liquid Glass to secure them and keep them in place.
- 1 Holiday Red CS 2 1/2 X 1/2 Faux Ribbon inked and trimmed to look like ribbon.
- 1 Holiday Red CS 3 X 1/2 Faux Ribbon inked and trimmed to look like ribbon.
- 1 1 3/8 Holiday Red Circle for top of Rosette. This is the base of your title “Count Down to Christmas”.
- 1 1″ White Daisy Circle stamped with “Count Down to Christmas”
- Fisnish with Red Checked Ribbon from Red Desinger Ribbon Collection.
- Bottom of the Box: Holiday Red CS 3 1/4 X 3 1/2
- Back of Box: Santa B&T Paper 3 1/4 X 3 1/4
- Wrap Around the Box: Santa B&T paper 3 1/4 X 12
- Top: Polka Dot B&T Paper (trim to fit the front of the box) 5 1/2 X 3 1/4
- Side Ribbon: Holiday Red CS 1/2 X10
- Back Top: Holiday Red CS 5 3/4 X 1/2
- Front Top: Holiday Red 2 3/4 X 1/2 (trim to fit the front flap)
- Top Right Ribbon: Holiday Red CS 1/2 X 1 3/4
- Top Left Ribbon: Holiday Red CS 1/2 X 1 3/4
- Front Bottom Ribbon: Holiday Red CS 1/2 X 3 1/8
- Bottom Middle Ribbon: Holiday Red CS 2 X 1/2
Please feel free to leave any questions about how to put this box together. I had a lot of fun with it and once you get the pieced cut out the assembly isn’t too long. Plus, you’ll have the to treasure for years to come! Makes a great “rainy” day project with the kids, too. My girls can’t wait to use it, come December 1st. Enjoy!